Pages

Saturday, 14 December 2013

Merry Christmas - Snowflakes


My friend asked me to create Christmas cards for her. Frankly speaking, I was not good in making Christmas card. I made less than 10 Christmas cards till now. Well, I promised her to make the card at the end of the day. I took it as a challenge.

My friend requested to include a particular musical patterned paper from My Mind’s Eye. She loved it so much. Hmm… I was thinking that the patterned paper was brown in color and I should match it with some bright color papers. I did not want the card to be in ordinary Christmas green and red colors. So, I decided to match the brown with red and light teal. Another question popped up. What should I create with that brown musical patterned paper? Wreath? Christmas Tree? No!!! I’m bored with that. Since my friend wanted to post it to overseas, I cut it into a square panel with Stamp border.

How about other Christmas elements?  “Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!” The lyrics of the song inspired me! This time I should make a card with snowflakes. Oh dear, I really scratched my head as I seldom buy Christmas embellishments. Luckily, I recalled that I bought snowflakes wood veneer and October Afternoon Chip ‘n Stick before Smidapaper closed down.  I added the wood snowflakes to the Stamp border panel and embellished with pearls to create some snowy feel. I tied it with the teal & white twine, then added a light blue snowflakes print chipboard button.

Another thing that I must mention was the sentiment – Merry Christmas. This beautiful stamp made the card looked even nicer. Thanked to my crafty friend Cindy Lee for borrowing me such a gorgeous stamp. Thank you, my dear!

I was so happy that my friend loved this card. A ‘wow’ when she opened and see the card. Another friend of mine peep the card and gave compliment for the card too. A mission accomplished! Few more to come soon. Hope I can make better.



There are so many great SNOW challenges out there this week! Now, I’m entering this card for


CASE Study challenge #170



Look at this gorgeous wintry cupcake. My card has the teal bluish color and snowflakes! Although my card doesn’t have a dark chocolate cupcake there, it has a ‘light brown cookie’ in the middle of the card. Bingo!

CAS-ual Fridays CFC123: Let it Snow



For CFC123, they want to see a project that features snowflakes. Yes, I have snowflakes in my card! (Though they are not in white).

CAS.ology WEEK 74: SNOWFLAKE



My card has snowflake! Opps… should be snowflakes!


Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Sweet Snowflakes



I have something a little sweet, not too sweet and a little snowy!


Inspired By...#100




No socks on my card but was inspired by the Kraft and brown colors, buttons and the texture. I have buttons and the wood colors.





Have fun! Happy Creating! Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. I love wooden snowflakes, and your addition of pearls so lovely too with the blue twine..

    Thanks so much for adding this to the CASology Gallery this week, so glad that you were able to join us in the FUN and so looking forward to you playing again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your love support! Yes, I will play again soon!

      Delete
  2. I love the old time feel to this card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that old time feel too!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty wooden snowflakes and card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Thank you!
      I love the wooden snowflakes. No regret for the purchase. Will save a few for myself. :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card, love all the layers and texture! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful layering. very pretty card! thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete