Pages

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

CASE Study Challenge #178: Love

Today I wanted to share a card that I made for a couple who celebrated this year’s Valentine’s Day with my family.

I get inspired by Danielle Flanders’s card in CASE Study Challenge #178.



Here’s what I came up with:



I used the layout and the color scheme from Danielle’s card. Oh dear! I just loved the hanging heart on the inspiration card. I used the heart in a circle die cut from Papertrey Ink Love Lives Here die and tie it with a twine, then stapled it on a punched heart-shaped onto my card. It signified ‘my heart stuck to yours’. I felt like something is missing in my card without butterflies and flowers. Thus, I added a butterfly at the beginning and another one at the end of the sentiment which made it looks like the butterflies flied and wrote the word ‘love’. I added the turquoise diagonal washi tape to the left edge of the card.

As I mentioned in my previous post, since this year’s  Valentine’s Day falls on the same day with ‘Chap Goh Mei’ (the last night of Chinese New Year and also known by many as the Chinese version of Valentines’ Day), I stamped 2 spring blossoms to signify the Chinese New Year.

I’m entering this card for

Happy Crafting!


Wish everyone have a great time and full of joy and love in this LOVEly month of February!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete