Pages

Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Card: Happy Breastfeeding! (WBW2014)



Happy World Breastfeeding Week to all breastfeeding mothers!  We are celebrating World Breastfeeding Week from 1st to 7th August. So, I specially made this card and dedicate it to every breastfeeding mom. Happy Breastfeeding!


How I get inspired to make this card?

First, the idea to create this card was from Die Cut Diva's Challenge - Hot August Nights. I had no idea what was that about. After browsing through internet and now I know what Hot August Nights means to the western states. So now, what does hot and August mean to me? Of course, celebrating World Breastfeeding Week which falls on August is hot for me! 

I came across this photo and I used the colors for my card. And I knew that sequin is a must for my card to create the metallic feel.


For the layout, I get inspired by the card by Shari Carroll in Case Study Challenge #202.


Instead of heat embossing, I embossed my card base with embossing folder. For the big flower, I die cut a double layered butterfly to replace it. I adhered sequins to the base of the butterfly and placed the white butterfly on top.


I used the 3 down elements from CAS-ual Fridays' Tic Tac Toe board: sequin, emboss, twine. 


I tied the twine to the panel which I stamped my sentiment to create STRIPE, the cue from CAS.ology challenge Week 107.



I'm entering this card for 

Happy Crafting!

Happy Breastfeeding!

Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous embossing. A beauty of a card!

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty layered butterfly!
    Thanks for joining us at Case Study & CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty design, love the sequins! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous background! Thanks for joining us this week for the CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your embossed doilies! So glad you joined us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful butterfly on your stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to have sequins under your die cut butterfly! Give it lots of extra sparkle and color. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete