Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Card: Happy Birthday, Mom!

Mom's birthday is coming soon! I made a card for her. 


This card was inspired by 3 challenges. First, the bouquet. 


This time Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge is Bouquet. I was thinking of giving my mom a bouquet of flowers. Instead of picking up some from garden or buy from florist, why not I make a card with bouquet on it! *light bulb lid up!* ;-) I used Maggie Holmes Open Book Floral Ephemera Leaves. 

Then, Sequins.  This week's Just Add Ink Challenge #259 was "Just Add Sequins". I want something sparkly and shine. So, just add sequins!!!

If talked about sequins, I definitely thought of Sparkle & Shine Challenge. Sparkle & Shine Challenge FOUR's inspiration badge was a sketch.


From the sketch, I thought of making a shaker card. To match with the bouquet, I used gold shimmering frame by Maggie Holmes' Styleboard from Crate Paper.


I mixed the sequins with gold, green and pink. They included Sparkling ClearClassic Christmas Mix and Shamrock from Pretty Pink Posh. 

Shake! Shake! Shake it off! 



I'm entering this card for




Thanks for dropping by!


Happy crafting!

12 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! I love the floral design and the little shaker box looks great! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card Jay. The double shaker effect is fabulous and l love the floral accents. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost missed the second shaker part of the card! SO SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever, to have sequins shaking around in two parts of this gorgeous card! So beautiful, Tee. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Jay and I just adore how you've managed to create TWO shaker windows and keep your card design so fabulous that they blend with your floral elements so well! Thanks for joining with us again at Just Add Ink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just beautiful, I love the roses, and the double shakers are wonderful!
    Chris
    Guest Designer JAI

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is quite beautiful! Love your creative shaker design and overall elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, a double shaker card! Clever - and sooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely!!!! Such pretty layers. Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle & Shine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly very pretty! I like this shaker card that you made for your mom. I just love this kind of DIY stuff. We just reserved the best birthday restaurants NYC for my mom’s birthday and would like to decorate the venue using DIY décor. Do you have any unique décor ideas for me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is truly amazing! Thank you so much for sharing it here. I am going to host a small birthday party for my mother. Looking for some good venues in Chicago to host a small gathering as even budget is not that huge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you! shirt

    ReplyDelete