Pages

Sunday 22 December 2013

Missing in Kitchen: Salmon Skin Salad

Our friends brought us to Azuma Japanese Restaurant Queensbay Mall in early December. That was the first time Hubby Jay and I being introduced to salmon skin salad. Then only we realized broiled salmon skins were so crispy and amazingly tasty.

Yesterday evening after work, Hubby Jay suddenly requested for salads. Not just normal green salads or Tee-lads, but salmon skin salad! I’m shocked and curious why he suddenly asked for that. This was because he accidentally found the pre-broiled salmon skins at a shop and he bought it for me. Oh my goodness! I don’t know how to prepare the dressing! I ‘googled’ and came out with my own version of salad dressing. (Depending on the ingredients available in the kitchen.) I gave it a try as my Hubby Jay was so willing and dare to be my guinea pig.

Here’s my version of Salmon Skin Salad.


I had butterhead, lettuce, green coral, wild rocket, carrots and cherry tomatoes for my salad greens.

For the dressing:


4 tablespoons yellow mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sushi vinegar
1 tablespoon spiced vinegar
3 tablespoons light broth or water
1 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
Salt and pepper

Whisk all ingredients together. Dress salad greens lightly. Place the crispy salmon strips on top and serve immediately. Add additional dressing as needed to lightly but thoroughly coat the greens.

What do you think about my version of salmon skin salad? By the way, my Hubby Jay loved it. Phew! Yes, I made it! In any event, I think this makes a really terrific main course salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment