Pages

Monday 30 December 2013

Tee's First Christmas Tree in the House



Tada! This was my first ever Christmas tree in my life. It was a mini paper Christmas tree. Wasn’t it lovely? I burned the midnight oil to complete this little Christmas tree a night before Christmas Eve.



I never had a Christmas tree in my house before. I was thinking to have a crafty Christmas this year to spread some Yuletide joy.  It was time for me to introduce my Little Ze about Christmas too. Instead of buying ready-made Christmas tree, I decided to handmade one for him and get him involved. I think it would make great memories.

Due to tight schedule, I had to think of something that easy to make. I looked for ideas to make simple and cheap Christmas trees using the most common and unexpected supplies that already have laying around the house, without even having to pass by the Christmas tree shop. It was quite last minute and Christmas was around the corner! Yeah, PAPERs! I had lots of papers in the house. Of course I tried not to use those expensive scrapbooking craft papers but those attached in the magazines or discounted papers. Furthermore, I think paper Christmas tree is maybe the easiest to make.

My version of little paper Christmas tree:

I used pastel colorful patterned papers. I used circle punch to out the papers instead of bell-shaped punch which very commonly used. I had my Little Ze to punch the circles. He always likes to punch. He keeps waiting for opportunity to punch. Well, he was so happy as we had so many to punch.  I wrapped each circle around a round pen or sharpie marker to curl the edges. Then, I applied it on cone shaped cardboard using craft glue. I punched some leaf-shaped using EK Success Quilling Carnation Slim Petal Punch and attached them in between. I stamped Christmas sentiment on a white cardstock, inked the edges and embellished with pearls. For the Christmas tree topper, I punched stars and fixed them at a lollipop stick. I tied a green ribbon underneath. I added white ellipse sequins to ‘bling’ up the tree.

                    

I was so happy and excited to have this little Christmas tree in my room. My Little Ze was happy too! We had a merry holiday with our own little Christmas tree in the house!

19 comments:

  1. WOW & WOW!...This is just beautiful and such a clever idea too! It's even more special as it was a joint project and a memory to treasure..:0) Thanks for sharing your lovely project and joining in the Christmas fun at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Nikki! It's my pleasure and happy to join the Christmas fun at Just Add Ink.

      Delete
  2. This is one of the best handmade Christmas trees I have ever seen. I am totally in love with this Jay. What a wonderful project and a lovely story too. Thanks so much for playing at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Paula!

      Delete
  3. Oh this is indeed something special! Love your story and the construction pictures. The tree will be something to treasure in years to come for sure! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, KimB! Yes, this tree definitely will be something to treasure in years to come!

      Delete
  4. I just adore what youve done here! What a lot of work but wow what a fantastic result! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, delysc!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Ladies! Thank you for your love supports and great comments! I'm so happy and I'll create more. Of course I'll play again in JAI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is breathtaking! What a fabulously, fun and clever project. I love that your Little Ze was your little helper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, what a well deserved win at JAI. Your tree is very beautiful tree.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lil Christmas tree! I'm inspired to make one of these for my office space to keep up throughout the year! I'm glad to hear Ze enjoys artistic creations, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh great to hear that! You sure will make a nice tree for your office and make you feel so energetic on your work whenever you see the paper tree. Happy Crafting!

      Delete
  9. Wow,special! I want it gor my 2014 xmas ya! Tq!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just happened upon your blog from CASE Study (LOVE YOUR ENTRY, by the way!) and had to comment on this tree! It is so cool! What a great way to use scraps! Awesome. Look forward to seeing more of you & your work!

    ReplyDelete