Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Layout: Capture this Moment in Life through the Lens

I created a layout last night. It was my 8th layout. I just can’t wait to use the stuff I bought from Mei Li Paperie. (Still waiting for another happy mail from Mei Li Paperie… hehe.)

Here's my layout:



This layout was inspired by the Mei Li Paperie’s June Color Challenge.


I used the color combination for my layout. Normally I will sprinkle some colors at the base of the layout but not for this time. I go for something clean. I used sequins.

The background of the inspiration photo inspired me to create a panel using my ink pads. Well, I don’t like messy, dirty or dark look. So, I dapped my ink pads onto the white embossed cardstock. Here’s how it looks like.


Then, how about the sketch? I was inspired by the sketch from Life. Paper. Scrapbook’s June Sketch Challenge. 


When I first saw this sketch, I wanted to create 4 different presentations for the 4 strips drawn beside the photo. Here’s what I created.


(From top to bottom) 1st strip: I rolled over the tiny doodle cameras; 2nd strip: I made a simple rectangle panel for some handwritten note; 3rd strip: I adhered my favorite washi tape and added in my new favorite puffy sticker at the end of the tape; 4th strip: I trimmed a ‘hole’ at the panel and rolled the strip to create a 'peeled off' strip. I adhere a handwritten hash tag to the center of the ‘peeled off’ strip.  

I used patterned papers from my favorite Crate Paper Maggie Holmes’s Styleboard and Flea Market collection. And I love the Pink Paislee’s switchboard stickers so much. Just can’t resist adding them in to my layout!

Have you notice there were elements related to cameras, such as camera wood veneer, stamp, frame and even the title of the layout? All these were because of the photo itself. Actually this photo was capturing a photographer taking a picture of me and Jay. We were the stars of that night and that was our first appearance at the cocktail session before the wedding reception begun. That is why I added in cameras in the layout and made the title camera related too!

For the title, look what I found! The ‘capture THIS.’ and ‘through THE LENS’ from Technique Tuesday! I stamped the watercolor wonder and adhered the alphabet stickers with alternate colors. Cool right?!


That’s for today!

I’m entering this layout for

Happy Scrapbooking!

Thanks for dropping by!


6 comments:

  1. I really love Your page! Great Solution for all the strips. I loved to read how you created all them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jò! I'm so happy to hear that!

      Delete
  2. absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Glad you played along at Mei Li Paperie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layout! Thank You for playing along with us at LPS!

    ReplyDelete