Pages

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Card: Happy Diwali (JAI #236)

This week Just Add Ink have some "Feathery Inspiration" for us.


When I first saw this photo, the peacock on the cake and the peacock feathers made me think of Deepavali. Peacock is the symbol of Diwali (Deepavali) celebrations throughout Malaysia. And you know what... Deepavali is here! Actually I was invited to attend a lunch gathering by an Indian friend. So,  I made her and her family a Diwali card based on this inspiration piece. I was inspired by the colors, swirls, flowers and the feathers.


I die cut the normal feathers and attached rhinestones onto the feathers to make them looked like the peacock feathers.  I made some roses and arranged some die cut swirl leaves to the card. Gold and yellow sequins were added to brighten up the card.

I'm entering this card for 

Happy Deepavali
to those that celebrate and
happy holiday for the rest!

Happy Crafting!

Thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

  1. Tee, the colours and sequin-y goodness on this card are just glorious. What a lovely gift for your friends. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wonderful layered creation of foliage and feathers you created Tee. The roses look wonderful nestled in the middle with gleam of sequins all around! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card - I love the swirly elements and how they are similar but different. I also love all the bling that is on the card. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete